Picture 015
Picture 016
I don’t fully understand the need for a handlebar quick release on the Dahon.  The way the bike folds does not require it to ever remove or rotate its handlebar.  Perhaps it’s a feature that makes more sense with drop bars but not for this one. 
 
Picture 095D
Picture 103 Picture 052
The stock holes are all too big for even an M7 bolt to tap into so what I did was go up a size to an M8.  M8’s are quite large in diameter and can be pretty hefty so I immediately thought of drilling a hole down the axis to shave some weight and add a touch of flare.  That’s when I quickly realized that chainring bolts are M8’s and they’re already drilled through!  All I needed to do was bore out the clamp holes a bit and counter bore them so that the bolt and nuts sit flush on either side.   

I didn’t have counterbore bits so I made my own by sacrificing an old drill bit.  Came out okay enough!
 
Picture 096
Picture 045
Picture 053
Picture 028
Overall about 27 grams was saved and a cleaner look achieved.  Hooray! 

(I ended up using a Ti M8x17mm bolt with an aluminum chainring nut)
 
Picture 023
Picture 034
Picture 046
While I was at it I decided to get rid of the quick release lever on my seat post clamp as well.  I don’t need it to stow my bike in my car’s trunk and I’m pretty fidgety with my seat height so having it fixed for good is a no brainer for me.

Now some beauty shots:
 
Picture 092
Picture 076
Picture 074